‘Personal information’ is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person) which is in a form which enables that person to be identified.
In general, we collect personal information to conduct our business, to provide and market our services and to meet our legal obligations.
What kinds of personal information do we collect?
In general, and depending upon the nature of your connection with us, the type of personal information we collect and hold includes (but is not limited to): names, , addresses, residential history, contact details, occupations, personal preference payment details, employment history, work experience, education and qualifications (including academic transcripts), testimonials and feedback, working visas, opinions and publications, and other information which assists us in conducting our business, providing and marketing our services and meeting our legal obligations.
In some cases, if personal information we request is not provided, it might adversely impact our ability to supply the relevant product or service or to perform our obligations.
How will we collect your personal information?
Generally, we will collect personal information directly from you. For example, we collect personal information when you:
- directly provide your details to us;
- deal with us in person, by telephone, face to face meetings, interviews, letter, forms, fax, email, provision of business cards, and via our website and social media channels;
- supply a CV, academic transcript, or application form;
- fill out and submit a registration form;
- subscribe to job alerts emails;
- submit any other information in connection with your application for registration; or
- complete psychometric assessments.
We will generally only request personal information about you from third parties (that is not publicly available) with your consent and this will generally be for verification or vetting purposes. Types of personal information about you that we may request from third parties could be (but are not limited to):
- any references about you;
- results of enquiries of former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration bodies;
- the results of any psychometric, competency or medical test;
- performance feedback (whether positive or negative);
- any complaint from or about you in the workplace;
- any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved;
- any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved;
- probity history (sourced from credit checks);
- criminal history;
- education history;
- information from website and social media analytics and cookies
Other personal information about you may be collected from publicly available material, including websites or other public forums, for example LinkedIn, company websites or other social media sites where you are profiled publicly.
Why do we collect personal information?
In general, we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in order to:
- conduct our business;
- provide and market our services to you, including recruitment and consulting services;
- pool and draw inferences from you;
- market our services;
- engage third parties on your behalf;
- communicate with you;
- bill you;
- pay our employees;
- help us manage and enhance our services;
- conduct general administrative or business matters;
- comply with our legal obligations; and
- carry out any other purpose that is advised to you.
To whom may we disclose your personal information?
We may disclose your personal information:
- to our employees;
- to other companies or individuals who assist us in providing services or who perform functions on our behalf (such as mailing houses, hosting and data storage providers, legal counsel, specialist consultants and other business advisors);
- to anyone else to whom you authorise us to disclose it; and
- where we are required to do so by law.
We may also disclose certain personal information to our other clients who have engaged us to perform recruiting services. Where personal information is disclosed to our clients, the personal information is either publicly available at the time of disclosure, or has not been determined by you as confidential
Management of personal information
We take reasonable steps to protect the security of your personal information. Our personnel are required to respect the confidentiality of personal information and the privacy of individuals.
We take reasonable steps to protect personal information held by us from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, for example by use of physical security and restricted access to electronic records. We use data hosting service providers in New Zealand to host our data, and we use reasonable industry standard measures to secure your data.
Where we no longer require your personal information we will comply with our legal obligations in respect of that information.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
We endeavour to ensure that the personal information we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date. We encourage you to contact us in order to update any personal information we hold about you. You have the right to correct any personal information we hold about you in accordance with the Privacy Act.
Subject to the exceptions set out in the Privacy Act, you may seek access to the personal information which we hold about you by contacting our Privacy Officer, Director – phone: 021 786 160 – email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will require you to verify your identity and to specify what information you require. A fee may be charged for providing access to your personal information. If a fee is to be charged, we will advise you of the likely cost in advance. We may require you to make payment of such a fee in advance of the information being made available.
How can you make a privacy complaint?
If you are not satisfied with our response you can refer your complaint to the Privacy Commissioner by contacting the Office of the Privacy Commissioner at: PO Box 10-094, The Terrace, Wellington 6143, phone 0800 803 909, http://privacy.org.nz/.
Where are we holding your personal information?
Our address, as the person collecting and holding your personal information, is:
3 Pipiri Street, Pegasus 7612 New Zealand
Updates to this policy
The most current version of this policy is located at 3 Pipiri Street, Pegasus 7612, New Zealand and can be obtained by contacting our Privacy Officer here.